The building in the 1950s
- 9 August 1952: Order of the Ministry of Agriculture concerning the organisation of a new school named the School of Application for Rural Works Engineers. It welcomed its first students at 19 avenue du Maine in Paris and the duration of studies was twelve months.
- 1957: The school is open to foreign students destined to enter the civil service of their country of origin. Becoming too small, the school is transferred to the Parc de Tourvoie in Antony in the Parisian suburbs.
- 26 April 1960: Schooling is extended to two years and it is decided to transfer the school to Strasbourg.
- 1 October 1960: The school moves into a building owned by the City of Strasbourg at number 1 quai Koch and adopts a new name: Ecole Nationale des Ingénieurs des Travaux Ruraux et des Techniques Sanitaires (ENITRTS) (the National School of Rural Engineering and Sanitary Techniques)
- 15 May 1968: Creation of the alumni association of ENITRTS former students and rural works engineers.
Roof-lifting building work
- 1970: The school opens a special section for “Continuing Education”.
- 1971 - 1974: In agreement with the City of Strasbourg, the premises are refurbished and the building overlooking Quai Koch is raised by one floor.
- A few months later, the City of Strasbourg evacuates the part of the building overlooking Avenue de la Marseillaise and Rue Wencker. The school obtains an extension of its lease to the entire building.
- 1982: Creation of a certificate of higher education “Public Hygiene Equipment” (EHP) which in 1993 took the name “Drinking Water and Sanitation”.
The ENGEES building in 1999
In 1999, the last roof-lifting work on the building was carried out
- 23 November 1992: A decree changes the name of the school, which is now called: Ecole Nationale du Génie de l'Eau et de l'Environnement de Strasbourg (ENGEES) / The National School for Water and Environmental Engineering Strasbourg (ENGEES).
- 1995: Creation of the Specialised Master and Certificate of Higher Education “Waste Management” (MD) and two DEAs (Diplomas of Advanced Studies): “Space systems and environment” (SSE), “Protection, development, use of the soil and subsoil” (PAE3S).
- September 1995: the ENGEES is connected to the Internet network via Renater and Osiris.
- July 1997 - September 1998: Extension of the premises, i.e. raising the height of the building on two levels on avenue de la Marseillaise and rue Wencker, giving the ENGEES an additional surface area of 1,500 m2.
The new documentation centre
- September 2000: Creation of the Professional Bachelor's degree “Water and Environment”.
- 7 November 2000: Opening of the new Documentation Centre/Library on the second floor
- July 2005: Co-accreditation for 4 Specialised Masters of the type licence-master-doctorat (replacing the former DEAs)
- September 2005: Opening of the MISEAD specialised master's degree in partnership with the Institut Agronomique et Vétérinaire Hassan II in Rabat - sandwich course.
- October 2007: Attachment of the ENGEES to the University Louis Pasteur as an external school.
- September 2009:
- Co-accreditation of 2 professional bachelor's degrees and 6 specialised master's degrees with the University of Strasbourg.
- Opening of the pathway to obtaining an engineering degree with apprentice status.
- March 2010: Events for the general public on the occasion of the 50th anniversary of the school in Strasbourg.
- December 2011: Obtaining ISO 9001 certification for the entire continuing education programme.
- September 2014: Reform of the engineering curriculum to better meet the expectations of the professional world and the evolution of the discipline while still fully integrating the objectives of sustainable development.
- June 2015: The school is now associated with the University of Strasbourg, in the dynamics of the construction of the Alsatian site (decree published on 10 June 2015).