Skip to main content

To gain admission to the ENGEES engineering programme, applicants must have completed at least 2 years of undergraduate study. This means completing two years of studies after the French baccalaureate (French secondary school diploma) and thus having earned at least 120 ECTS credits. The area of these studies must obviously be relevant to ENGEES' course areas (for more information, see the CDEFI website), and there are two main pathways for admission to ENGEES. 

  • The student attended a French preparatory school (CPGE) and then took a competitive exam to gain admission to ENGEES; 
  • The student undertook another training at a university or vocational school, his or her application was accepted and he or she passed the ENGEES written exam and had a successful interview (Admission sur titre). 

The engineering programme may be undertaken either as a student or as an apprentice. If you have student status you study full-time, whereas if you are an apprentice, you alternate between attending classes at ENGEES and working outside of the school. Part of your training is provided by your employer, who must therefore work in one of the school's areas of study. 

Through partnership agreements, students selected by their home university must follow the procedure. 

At the beginning of each year, students pay tuition fees.  

Every year, the Ministry of Agriculture sets the amount of the tuition fees in public institutions of agricultural higher education. For example, for academic year 2022-2023, the tuition fees are as follows: 

- €1,786 for French citizens 

- €4,341 for international students beginning their studies in the institution, who do not meet any of the following conditions (except if there is a partnership between your institution and ENGEES – see international section): 

  • be a national of a European Union Member State, of another state that is a party to the European Economic Area agreement, of the Swiss Confederation or of a country in the priority solidarity zone 
  • be a child, spouse or partner of a citizen of one of the European Union Member States 
  • have long-term residence status in a State of the European Union or be a person whose father, mother or legal guardian has such status 
  • have a temporary residence permit and be a dependent of a taxpayer in France for at least two years.
  • Students may be required to pay for at least a portion of the cost of travel for work placements or study trips. 

The Campus-Bourse website provides a list of financial aid available for studies in France