Come for an exchange semester
If you come from one of our partner institutions, you can come and study for one or two exchange semester(s) at ENGEES within its engineering program and validate teaching credits (ECTS).
The ENGEES engineering program is organized into spring and fall semesters
You will find below the catalog of the semesters open to exchange students. Discover the teaching units (UE) and specializations to which you have access during the desired period and year.
Basic Engineering Sciences in Water and the Environment (Semester 5, L3 level) – 30 ECTS - FRENCH
This semester allows students to acquire basic knowledge in engineering sciences (not only focused on water) The teaching units cover hydrogeology, fluid mechanics, statistics, scientific calculations, biology, water chemistry, hydrology and general knowledge about the stakeholders involved in environmental management. Soft skills are also included in the program.
Prerequisites: Solid basis in mathematics and physics.
Water and Environmental Engineering Level 2 (Semester 7, M1 level) – 30 ECTS - FRENCH
This semester gives knowledge and skills on drinking water and wastewater treatment (design and sizing of installations), wastewater and drinking water networks (advanced design and diagnosis via modeling) and introduces the basics of civil engineering.
In addition to the skills related to the engineering sciences, there are modules that allow students to acquire soft skills.
Prerequisites: Knowledge of process engineering and hydraulics (under load and free surface).
Water and Environmental Engineering Level 3 (Semester 9, M2 level)
At ME level, you can choose among a panel of seven thematic tracks (in-depth tracks) that will allow you to specialize in a specific aspect of water and environmental management.
Five thematic tracks are taught in French and two are taught in English.
You must choose a single track, but it is occasionally possible to include teaching units of another specialization (if the timetable allows it). For more information, do not hesitate to contact the international relation service.
Water and Environmental Engineering - Level 1 (Semester 6, L3 level)
This semester allows engineering students to develop knowledge in process engineering (for water treatment), wastewater and drinking water networks (design), natural environment management, life sciences and flood control.
Soft skills are also included in the program. Prerequisites: Basic knowledge of ecology, fluid mechanics, hydrology, hydrogeology and water chemistry.
Water and Environmental Management – level 4 (Semester 8, M1 level)
This semester is globally divided into two phases:
February to April : Teaching units with 2 optional tracks :
- Water and waste management in urban environments
- Management of natural environments,
May to July: A three-month internship (Practical engineering internship).
The internship can also be replaced by teaching units from another semester Water and Environmental Engineering semester (S6).
- Urban water and waste management: basic modeling, networks, water quality, treatment process engineering and operation, hydrology, hydrogeology, strength of materials, soil mechanics, scientific calculations).
- Management of natural environments: bases of modeling, ecology, scientific calculation, hydrology, river hydrosystems, urban planning
1. Think about your study project at ENGEES thanks to our training catalog
Do not hesitate to contact us if you need help or if you have any questions.
2. Apply to the department in charge of international relations at your institution.
3. Your institution officially appoints you.
4. We will contact you after your appointment to explain the application process
We will need a CV, a letter of motivation, your transcripts from previous years and a language certificate. You must submit your complete application before April 30 for a September start and November 30 for a February start.
5. You will be notified of your final decision by May 31 or December 31.
Download our Factsheet to get more information about the ENGEES single mobility admissions
Services reserved for ENGEES mobility students
- Reservation of a room in a university residence.
- First meeting with the international relations officer.
- Official presentation to the graduating class, in a lecture hall.
- Reinforced assistance in the search for an internship.
- Organization of cultural events.
- French courses (French as a foreign language (FLE) courses integrated into the curriculum or preparatory courses (paying) before the start of the university year)
Teaching and evaluation methods
At ENGEES, three types of courses are offered by the teachers in order to acquire solid theoretical knowledge that is deepened through practical application.
- Lectures (CM): the entire class meets in an amphitheater and the teacher gives a lecture The content of these courses is essential to the success of the final evaluations.
- Tutorial and practical work : application of theoretical knowledge, generally in the form of exercises, in a smaller group of students in order to facilitate communication with the teacher.
- Projects: Missions led by a group of students, under a teacher’s guidance
At ENGEES, each evaluation is marked out of 20.
Evaluation is carried out throughout the year in the form of exams, practical work reports, projects restitutions.
- Practical work (TP): practical application of theoretical knowledge in order to consolidate and deepen it, often through experiments.